Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Elixirs (LOVE!)

I think it's safe to say I obsess over new lip products more than any other type of makeup.  When I first saw swatches of the Maybelline Color Elixirs, I knew I wanted to try them.

My favorite part about the formula is how creamy and smooth it applies.  It's basically like velvety, lipstick in a tube.  If you're looking for a sheer lipgloss, this probably isn't for you.  The applicator wand is one of my favorite parts about it.  It's a uniquely shaped doe foot wand and very, very soft!!  Lovely on the lips, might I add.

I will say I wish the fragrance wasn't as strong.  I'm usually not that picky about fragrance in a lip product, but they definitely used a heavy hand in the fragrance department.  With that in mind, I still love the three colors I got.




Left to right: Caramel Infused, Breathtaking Apricot, Fuchsia Flourish



Caramel Infused:





Breathtaking Apricot:





Fuchsia Flourish:



Out of the three colors I purchased, I feel like Caramel Infused and Breathtaking Apricot are the most wearable for everyday and work.  Fuchsia Flourish is great for a date night or night out with friends!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment